What is Mental Toughness Training?
- Do you get discouraged if you or your team is losing?
- Do you play better in practice than in competition?
- Do you tense up during critical times in gameplay?
- Do you get distracted when playing?
- Do you have negative thoughts about yourself and your ability?
- Do you have a hard time regaining your composure after disappointment?
- Do you lose focus when tired, losing, or receiving feedback?
- Do you want to be a Clutch Athlete?
Clutch Athlete was developed by Dr. Mark Stonkus as a more comprehensive approach to athletic training. His rare combination of credentials as a certified sports psychology consultant (CC-AASP), strength and conditioning specialist (NSCA-CSCS), and licensed mental health counselor (LMHC) confirmed both the lack of and the need for a training protocol which prepares athletes to perform at their highest levels under stress.
Mark’s response was to utilize the resources of his expertise, our reputable staff, and our outstanding facility in creating an incomparable science-based program which prepares athletes to optimize their performance when faced with the many and frequent stressors associated with sport.